Nmap Development mailing list archives

Status Report #1 of 15

From: "Luis MartinGarcia." <luis.mgarc () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 03 May 2010 19:51:23 +0200

Hi!

First of all, let me introduce myself. My name is Luis MartinGarcia. I've been around since last summer so many of you
know me already. For those who don't, I am a Computer Engineering Student at Carlos III University of Madrid, Spain. I
participated in GSoC 2009 and wrote Nping, a network packet generator. The plan for this year is do to a bit of cleanup
in nping's code and then implement an exciting new feature: the echo mode (stay tuned for more information ;)

At the moment there is not much to talk about. I am really busy at university and I haven't had the chance to work much
on nping yet. Here are some accomplishments of past weeks and priorities for the next few weeks.

Accomplishments:
*  Fixed a few bugs and compilation problems in nping, reported through nmap-dev.
*  Talked with Fyodor and David about the "roadmap" for this GSoC.

Priorities:
* Finish assignments and essays for Uni.
* Study for final exams.
* Think about the echo mode, and how can it fit in current nping's architecture.