Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Patches to Nmap 5.30BETA1

From: David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com>
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2010 18:53:57 -0600

On Tue, Apr 06, 2010 at 12:15:21AM -0700, Darren Reed wrote:
On 04/03/10 13:15, David Fifield wrote:
On Sat, Apr 03, 2010 at 12:19:59AM -0700, Darren Reed wrote:
Patches required to build on OpenSolaris with gmake 3.81

I hope I have fixed all of the cut-n-paste errors.

The common theme throughout is that our gmake seems to behave a lot
differently to either the linux one or the makefiles are just broken.
 Either way, the changes below should work on all platforms.

Hmm, can you tell us more about the platform? What version of
OpenSolaris (uname)? Are you sure it's gmake 3.81?

/tmp/nmap-5.30BETA1.Solaris# uname -a
SunOS hostname 5.11 snv_130 i86pc i386 i86pc
/tmp/nmap-5.30BETA1.Solaris# gmake --version
GNU Make 3.81
PARTICULAR PURPOSE.

This program built for i386-pc-solaris2.11

The reason I ask is that we had reports of successful builds on
OpenSolaris recently, with only a small problem keeping Nping from
building.

http://seclists.org/nmap-dev/2010/q1/870

That was build 111, which is almost a year old (1 build every 2 weeks
or thereabouts.)

What are the commands to run so that I can upgrade snv_111 to the latest
version and test? I followed the instructions at

http://pkg.opensolaris.org/dev/en/index.shtml

and ran

# pfexec pkg set-publisher -O http://pkg.opensolaris.org/dev opensolaris.org
# pfexec pkg image-update

The image-update command has been running for 19 hours now. It stopped
accessing the network but it's using over 400 MB of RAM. Is that
expected?

David Fifield