Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: how to add some scripts from NSE to nmap?

From: Tom Sellers <nmap () fadedcode net>
Date: Sun, 18 Apr 2010 18:35:38 -0500

On 4/17/10 1:06 AM, Ron wrote:
You need to update to the latest subversion Nmap version - none of the released versions has those scripts (yet).

Something I've been pushing for, and that I'm hoping will get looked at when GSoC rolls around, is having a way to
auto-update the scripts without updating Nmap. Something like Nessus, OpenVAS, etc can do. But for now, you're going to have to
compile the latest SVN version (or check it out and copy over the scripts).

Sounds like  a good idea, though we will likely need to expose the NSE version or a capability
level so that scripts can ensure that the version of nmap running the script has the required
feature set.

Tom