Nmap Development mailing list archives

RE: Fragscan not working?

From: Derek <depierjack () msn com>
Date: Fri, 9 Apr 2010 15:05:29 -0400

I thought I'd give this a try on different machines against different LAN and Internet hosts, I used the following nmap
commands from a Windows XP SP3 x86, a Windows 7 x64, and backtrack linux, -f -F -r -PN. I used wireshark to watch the
packets, in scanning both LAN and internet hosts, nmap does send fragmented IP data packets but I can only get
router was blocking the outgoing fragments, but even when I hook straight to my cable modem, I do not get any responses
from internet hosts. Any ideas on what could be causing the no responses from internet hosts?