Nmap Development mailing list archives

suggestion to nping

From: Andreas Hubert <ahu () censhare de>
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2010 19:39:41 +0200

nping is a really interesting tool for me, because right from the start,
it does not only send one packet it sends 5 like a usual ping on Windows
for example. But till now I did not found an option to send several
packets till the process gets cancelled, like ping on Linux or Mac OS X.
Because now if I wanna watch something, if a port is open or something,
I need to build a loop around nmap, like
while true; do nmap -PN -p 22 <host>; done
to constantly check if port 22 is open on a specific host. It would be
very good if in the future a
nping -p 22 <host>
would do this and give me stats for this after I ^C the process