Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Output w/ date/time variables?

From: Ron <ron () skullsecurity net>
Date: Thu, 8 Apr 2010 09:27:26 -0500

If it isn't a difficult change, I 100% agree that this would be useful. I pretty much always do "-oA
2010-04-uniquename". It's pretty trivial doing something like this in Linux:
nmap -oA `date +"%Y-%m-%d"`-uniquename

But it'd be really cool having that built in. It'd be neat to have other variables, too, like the target range/input
filename (-iL xxx), the script run (if there's only one script), etc. That would all fit perfectly into the naming
schemes I already use and save me some time (and stop me from accidentally overwriting my first scan when I run a scan
against a different subnet :) ).

On Thu, 8 Apr 2010 09:19:38 -0500 "Norris Carden"