Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Running parallel nmaps vs internal balancing

From: Ron <ron () skullsecurity net>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2010 08:27:05 -0500

Depending on how thorough you want to be, and how your network is set up, you might be able to save a lot of time and
packets by first determining which subnets (/24 or /16) are active by scanning a handful of addresses in each, then
only scanning those.

That's what I do at work, but our network here is kinda lame (in terms of speed).

On Wed, 17 Mar 2010 10:54:37 +0100 nmapuseraix <nmapuseraix () o2 pl>