Nmap Development mailing list archives

Running parallel nmaps vs internal balancing

From: nmapuseraix <nmapuseraix () o2 pl>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2010 10:54:37 +0100

Hello,

I need to 10.0.0.0/8 to see which hosts are alive.
Would it make sense to run couple of nmaps in parallel?

nmap ref. guide mentions that there is a mechanism for adjusting the speed of scanning based on network performance,
thus the question if I should run single nmap -n -T Insane 10.0.0.0/8 (it's fast network here) and it will use up the
resources
or
shall I split the scope onto 8 (16?) subscopes?

Any additional parameters that could speed things up (without compromising reliability too much)?
I have found that nmap's ARP ping scan alone is not good here.

Any tip appreciated :)
--
Best regards,
Bart