Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Regarding a possible bug..

From: Mak Kolybabi <mak () kolybabi com>
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 2010 09:47:24 -0600

On 2010-02-11 17:49, Fyodor wrote:
Yeah, I agree that its a bit confusing that -v and -d are so similar in
purpose yet take different syntaxes. We should probably allow each of them to
take any of the forms (e.g. allow -v3 or -vvv or -v -v -v).

I've added an item for this in docs/TODO, but that won't magically make it
happen. So anyone who wants to write a patch is welcome and encouraged to do
so.

Attached is a patch that enables all three styles (-ddd, -d -d -d, and -d3) for
both -d and -v. The patch also removes the TODO list entry and updates the
manpage.

--
Matthew Anthony Kolybabi (Mak)
<mak () kolybabi com>

() ASCII Ribbon Campaign | Against HTML e-mail
/\  www.asciiribbon.org  | Against proprietary extensions