Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Regarding a possible bug..

From: vivek razdan <viveklonewolf () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 2010 09:52:08 +0530

Thank you everyone!!
Vivek

On Fri, Feb 12, 2010 at 7:19 AM, Fyodor <fyodor () insecure org> wrote:

On Thu, Feb 11, 2010 at 09:04:37AM +0000, Brandon Enright wrote:

This isn't a bug but I can see how it would seem like one.

Yeah, I agree that its a bit confusing that -v and -d are so similar
in purpose yet take different syntaxes.  We should probably allow each
of them to take any of the forms (e.g. allow -v3 or -vvv or -v -v -v).

I've added an item for this in docs/TODO, but that won't magically
make it happen.  So anyone who wants to write a patch is welcome and
encouraged to do so.

Cheers,
-F