Nmap Development mailing list archives

make install error on nmap 5.21

From: rilian4 rilian4 <rilian4 () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 5 Feb 2010 14:08:29 -0800

I downloaded the nmap 5.21 gzip tarball from nmap.org and on my laptop the
compile/make/make install ran swimmingly. I have a desktop test station
where I ran through the same steps (Been compiling nmap from source for
years) and the ./configure and make steps seem fine but make install throws
this error:

 # make install
Makefile:341: makefile.dep: No such file or directory
g++ -MM -Iliblua -Ilibdnet-stripped/include  -Ilibpcap -Inbase
-Insock/include main.cc nmap.cc targets.cc tcpip.cc nmap_error.cc utils.cc
idle_scan.cc osscan.cc osscan2.cc output.cc payload.cc scan_engine.cc
timing.cc charpool.cc services.cc protocols.cc nmap_rpc.cc portlist.cc
NmapOps.cc TargetGroup.cc Target.cc FingerPrintResults.cc service_scan.cc
NmapOutputTable.cc MACLookup.cc nmap_tty.cc nmap_dns.cc traceroute.cc
portreasons.cc nse_main.cc nse_nsock.cc nse_fs.cc nse_nmaplib.cc
nse_debug.cc nse_pcrelib.cc nse_binlib.cc nse_bit.cc nse_openssl.cc
nse_ssl_cert.cc  > makefile.dep
make: *** No rule to make target `liblua/liblua.a', needed by `nmap'.  Stop.

I tried make clean to no avail. The system runs SuSe and had 5.10beta
installed from source w/o issue.

Any suggestions?
Aaron