Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Last call for smtp-open-relay.nse - help needed

From: Fyodor <fyodor () insecure org>
Date: Sun, 31 Jan 2010 22:54:48 -0800

On Sun, Jan 31, 2010 at 10:02:47AM +0000, Duarte Silva wrote:
Hi,

It has been more than 4 months, and since the script hasn't been
dropped from the SVN tree, I''m checking if it will be included or
not?

Thanks Duarte.  As far as I can tell, the latest version of the script
is the one you attached here:

http://seclists.org/nmap-dev/2009/q3/1014

It needs to be added to the "external" category since it still uses an
Nmap domain by default.

At first I was going to suggest that we change "nmap.scanme.org" into
the usual "scanme.nmap.org".  But I've decided that the former is
better for this particular purpose (less likely to get nmap.org added
to SMTP blocklists), so I've added the corresponding DNS name.

I only did a very cursory review of the patch.  But I'm OK with it
going in if it satisfies David (or can be made to do so).

Cheers,
-F