Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: NSE Script http-methods.nse, WAS: NSE script HTTPallowedMethods.nse

From: Bernd Stroessenreuther <berny1 () users sourceforge net>
Date: Sat, 30 Jan 2010 21:11:01 +0100

Hi David,

Thank you for the update. I want to add the script, but first I want to
know if you are willing to license the script like the other Nmap
scripts,

license = "Same as Nmap--See http://nmap.org/book/man-legal.html";

I do like very much the freedom the GPL gives and enforces. So I did put it
under GPL at first. I'm not only happy if someone else has the possibility to
relicense the code e. g. under a commercial license.

But in the end I think it is the best solution to have this script in the
official release. And because of this, it is clear it needs the same license
as the other nmap components.

So yes, I license it under the terms of http://nmap.org/book/man-legal.html

Fyodor had some ideas for enhancement of the script, such as making it
default and only printing "interesting" methods in non-verbose mode.

Even if I'm not sure why some methods should be more interesting then others,
I'm prying. You surely know much better then I, what nmap users find
interesting or useful...

I'd like to get the script under revision control now and make further
changes after that.

Sounds great. Let's do it this way. Thank You very much.

Best regards,
   Bernd Stroessenreuther