Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: get_info() function

From: Patrik Karlsson <patrik () cqure net>
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 2010 22:24:14 +0100

On 28 jan 2010, at 21.58, David Fifield wrote:

On Mon, Jan 25, 2010 at 10:42:39AM +0100, Patrik Karlsson wrote:
I noticed that the get_info()  function does not return the socket protocol.
http://nmap.org/nsedoc/lib/nmap.html#get_info

Is there any other way I can get this information from a socket?

I can't think of a way to do it. l_nsock_get_info in nse_nsock.cc finds
the protocol but doesn't return it. If you need this ability, and can
think of a good way to implement it, we can try to find a way to work it
in.

If you're creating the sockets yourself, you can create a table indexed
by socket that returns the protocol. You would have to create an entry
in the table every time you connect a socket.

David Fifield

I ended up sending it as a parameter to all functions that needed it in the RPC library, which is not optimal but OK I
guess. My "problem" is that decoding of the RPC packet is different depending on whether UDP or TCP is used to
transmit/receive the data. As I was already passing the socket to these functions I thought I would check if I was
missing something obvious.

//Patrik

Patrik Karlsson
http://www.cqure.net