Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: LDAP library and scripts

From: Patrik Karlsson <patrik () cqure net>
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 2010 22:13:24 +0100

On 25 jan 2010, at 19.59, David Fifield wrote:

On Tue, Jan 12, 2010 at 08:56:52PM +0100, Patrik Karlsson wrote:
Hi all,

I just finished some LDAP code that allow nmap to search an LDAP directory.
The code has been split up into two libraries (ldap.lua and asn1.lua)
where asn1 is largely ripped from snmp.lua and contains the ASN1
encoding code. The reason for this is that it needed a few LDAP
adaptions and it felt awkward placing them in the snmp library.

I think breaking out a separate asn1.lua library is a fine idea. For it
to work, though, I don't want any code duplication with snmp.lua. The
ASN.1 functions have to be moved out of snmp.lua and snmp.lua will
require("asn1") for anything it needs.

You can commit the asn1 library whenever you like, and then modify
snmp.lua to use it. If you think it will take several commits, you can
make a branch to do the work in and merge it after.

svn mkdir svn://svn.insecure.org/nmap-exp/patrik
svn copy svn://svn.insecure.org/nmap/nselib svn://svn.insecure.org/nmap-exp/patrik/nselib-asn1

David Fifield

I've just finished breaking out most of the ASN.1 stuff from the SNMP library. In order to achieve what I wanted and
keep as much of the old code as possible I had to make additional changes to the asn1 and ldap libraries. This is the
reason why I took some time and why I didn't yet commit the asn1 library.

I have tested the new libraries with both my ldap scripts and the snmp scripts I wrote earlier and it appears as if
they're all working as expected. Feedback, suggestions and testing is welcome as always.

Regards,
Patrik
--
Patrik Karlsson