Nmap Development mailing list archives

RE: Suggestion for Docs

From: "Rob Nicholls" <robert () robnicholls co uk>
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 2010 19:58:34 -0000

Hi David,

Yes, sorry for the confusion, I should have originally written "we never set
it to 3". At least I got it the right way around in the patch!

I'm pretty sure that it would never be an issue, as our installer always
tries to delete the npf service (for good measure, as it shouldn't exist
anymore) before it creates it again during the installation. By deleting the
service, Windows deletes the npf key in the registry, so that "Start" key no
longer exists and the default value of 3 (I got it right that time! :-D)
would eventually be generated. But we now create the Start key with a value
of 3 straight after the npf service has been (re-)created, just in case.

Rob