Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: SoC ideas about nping

From: GuangLiang Yang <gygl09 () gmail com>
Date: Sat, 27 Mar 2010 01:23:21 +0800

Hi Luis,

  Yeah, the authentication scheme is the most important factor that
should be considered. And I think the method for authentication
described in protocolDescribe.txt is advisabale for us. There is not a
effective method to attack HMAC based on sha256. Brute force maybe the
most common attack to find the shared key. So if we take a little
attention to our key, everything will be fine.
  And I want to know if there is a document about requirement or
design. If it's convenient, can I get it?3q~~

Regards,
Yang.