Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: SoC ideas about nping

From: "Luis M." <luis.mgarc () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2010 13:28:22 +0100

Hi Yang,

There is already a draft proposal for the protocol you mention. However,
the protocol design is in a very early stage, mainly because the
requirements for the echo mode itself are not yet very well defined.
Brandon and I were kind of designing the authentication mechanism last
year but maybe it is too risky to define our own auth scheme and we
should go for something more standarized.

If you want to have a look at the draft, check out the latest SVN copy
and access nmap/nping/nping-priv/protocolDefinition.txt.

Regards,

Luis MartinGarcia.