Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: SIP version detection script

From: Matt Selsky <selsky () columbia edu>
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2009 00:17:35 -0500

On Nov 22, 2009, at 1:09 PM, Patrik Karlsson wrote:

I just finished my first nmap script with some great help from Ron Bowes.
Like the e-mail subject states it does version detection for the SIP protocol.
I've done some basic testing and it looks as if it does what it't intended to.

Here's some sample output:

Interesting ports on 192.168.56.3:
PORT     STATE         SERVICE VERSION
5060/udp open|filtered sip     Asterisk PBX

Interesting ports on 192.168.56.4:
PORT     STATE         SERVICE VERSION
5060/udp open|filtered sip     3CXPhoneSystem 8.0.9844.0

Bug reports or comments and suggestions on things that could be done better/differently are most welcome.

Any reason not to run this script on 5060/tcp as well?

--
Matt