Nmap Development mailing list archives

Ncat bug report

From: Hamish Milne <hamishcool3 () yahoo co uk>
Date: Sun, 15 Nov 2009 15:03:10 +0000 (GMT)

Hi,
I am using Ncat that comes with Nmap v5.00 on Windows XP SP2, but am having some problems with inputs.

Basically, I use the command 'ncat -Clkt -e %cd%\loop.bat %ip% %port%' to listen for a connection then call the batch
file. Included in that file is the command 'set /p input='. The user input is recorded then passed to a PHP file, which
echoes an output. With Netcat I needed to do two of these, since for some reason just one wouldn't record the input. It
worked, but then I realised that Netcat doesn't accept multiple connections, so I switched to Ncat.

Now the problem is that the 'set /p input=' command only works for one character, as for some reason a new line is sent
after each character when I telnet into it. I used exactly the same batch file with Netcat and had no problems.

Is this a bug? If so, I would really appreciate it to be fixed in the next release. If not, what am I doing wrong?

Thanks,
Hamish