Nmap Development mailing list archives

ncat suggestions...

From: MALTE SIMON <malte_simon () hotmail com>
Date: Fri, 6 Nov 2009 17:15:29 +0000

Hi I suggest the following changes for ncat plese comment them ;-)

1. Make the following aliases:
-z = --send-only --recv-only
-i = -d
-L = -l -k
-V = -version
-so  = --send-only
-ro = --recv-only

readd -r for using a random source / listen port.
-p for choosing a port to connect / listen
ncat should understand commands like ncat 127.0.0.1:23 --> connect 127.0.0.1 Port 23
ncat -l 127.0.0.1:23 --> listen on interface 127.0.0.1 Port 23
will the a -D to run as deamon on win systems? SBD got this maybe ther code can help
Is ther a option (-r X) to respawn X secents after a connect (-r0 = -l -k)
is ther a option to toggle monitoring (snooping (-M) ) on/off (used with the -e / -c option)?
add a custom prefix (-P ) to all outbound data mostly useful for "chat mode" like nickname

add a option  to make ncat  run only X instances of itself. Maybe command like -1 (for one) and -1 15 (for 15) dont'
know
CreateSemaphore() with an initcount and maxcount of X and WaitForSingleObject(). if WaitForSingleObject() returns
WAIT_TIMEOUT assume there's already an instance running.

The nmap team is known very well in the field of IT-Sec so maybe your are able to connect all the netcat project to 1
or 2. It's time to connect the knowlage and the manpower. Ther are nice project around like sbd it had in default
configuration AES-CBC-128 + HMAC-SHA1 encryption. Maybe add this future or the gnu nc project wich is default on most
linuxes maybe you can get togather with them and apt-get install nc will install ncat in the future. So here is a list
of the netcats I know I hope you are able to work togather with somme of them. To make the best n(et)cat ever...

http://shad0wbq.blogspot.com/2007/03/sbd-as-netcat.html
http://www.packetstormsecurity.org/UNIX/netcat/

I'am a sbd freak and I dont viel at home with ncat but I like somme of it futures an sbd dev (michel.blomgren ()
tigerteam se) are not aktiv... Here are somme projects from him
http://www2.packetstormsecurity.org/cgi-bin/search/search.cgi?searchvalue=Michel+Blomgren&type=archives&[search].x=0&[search].y=0

not sure if this code is the last realise  http://www.packetstormsecurity.org/UNIX/netcat/

greetings M. Simon