Nmap Development mailing list archives

Installing nmap

From: D Cannon <sd2cannon8285 () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2009 12:48:28 -0500

Just ran into an issue right at the end of compiling and installing nmap.  I
am using Ubuntu Linux v9.04 and have terminal open and have followed all of
the following instructions:

bzip2 -cd nmap-5.00.tar.bz2 | tar xvf -
cd nmap-5.00
./configure
make
su root
make install

from the nmap desktop.

I am to the final step now of "make install" and I get the following error
in terminal:

:~/DLs/nmap-5.00$ make install
g++ -c -Iliblua -Ilibdnet-stripped/include -Ilibpcre  -Ilibpcap -Inbase
-Insock/include -fno-strict-aliasing   -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -DNMAP_NAME=\"Nmap\"
-DNMAP_URL=\"http://nmap.org\"; -DNMAP_PLATFORM=\"i686-pc-linux-gnu\"
-DNMAPDATADIR=\"/usr/local/share/nmap\" -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 main.cc -o
main.o
make: g++: Command not found
make: *** [main.o] Error 127

Any suggestions as to what I should do?  Any help would be appreciated and
thanks in advance.

Drew