Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: favicon survey script

From: Vlatko Kosturjak <kost () linux hr>
Date: Sun, 18 Oct 2009 23:42:44 +0200

Joao Correa wrote:
Hello nmap-dev,

The http-favicon.nse script and also the favicon-db are both committed
to the main trunk now. The original script was modified in order to
accept root argument (to change path of search) and also to parse the
initial webpage for favicon related tags when just grabbin
/favicon.ico fails.

Great. I've tested it and it works perfectly!

BTW I have also donated all my scripts, code and db where it should belong - to OWASP :
http://www.owasp.org/index.php/Category:OWASP_Favicon_Database_Project

If you want to contribute your scripts or db, feel free to join the
project and/or mailing list:

I hope we can make cooperation between this project and nmap because the idea grew on this mailing list. If there's any problem with licensing, I guess we can sort it out as the projects is still in founding stage, so we can license it correctly or dual-license it or whatever...

Kost