Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: NSE Script to exploit the Windows Vista and 7 SMB 2.0 remote BSOD bug?

From: David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com>
Date: Sun, 13 Sep 2009 15:39:16 -0600

On Thu, Sep 10, 2009 at 10:42:54AM -0500, Ron wrote:
I can trigger the DoS pretty easily, but I'm having trouble telling if
the server was taken offline. The connect() and send() calls seem to be
returning the wrong result (a packetlogger tells me that the server
isn't responding, yet connect() returns true). I've attached the script
that *should* return the correct results, but it only returns "TEST!"
for me, which tells me that the connect() is succeeding.

      if(status == false) then
              socket:close()
              return true, VULNERABLE
      end

Try using "if not status" instead of "if status == false". The socket
operation could be returning nil.

David Fifield