Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: dhcp script!

From: Ron <ron () skullsecurity net>
Date: Tue, 08 Sep 2009 12:00:06 -0500

On 09/08/2009 11:17 AM, Brandon Enright wrote:
If you request for something bogus you should get a DHCPNAK which
would probably at least contain some useful info.

Brandon

On my router, the DHCPNAK contains nothing. The only option set is the one that tells you it's a DHCPNAK response.

You can probably generate one of those by sending --script-args DHCPTYPE=DHCPACK if you want to try it out. I'm pretty sure a server is supposed to respond to an errant ACK with a NAK (I could be wrong, though.. I know one or two options out of place does it)