Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Bug in NSE core, I think

From: Patrick Donnelly <batrick () batbytes com>
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 2009 22:49:32 -0400

On Wed, Aug 26, 2009 at 12:43 PM, Patrick Donnelly<batrick () batbytes com> wrote:
On Tue, Aug 25, 2009 at 9:28 PM, Ron<ron () skullsecurity net> wrote:
(The other issue with the results showing in the wrong place, I still think
should be fixed but it's not as important, to me. It isn't giving me bad
results, it's just putting them in the wrong place -- that's just polish to
me).

We could fix this similar to how the cache was fixed. get_target (in
nse_nmaplib.cc) could first check for host.targetname, then host.name,
and finally host.ip. A similar change would need to be made in
nse_main.cc, where the targets are added. I have attached a patch for
this. I will apply it if no one reports any problems.

This patch is committed in r15342.

--
-Patrick Donnelly

"Let all men know thee, but no man know thee thoroughly: Men freely
ford that see the shallows."

- Benjamin Franklin