Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Bug in NSE core, I think

From: Ron <ron () skullsecurity net>
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 2009 16:50:00 -0500

On 08/26/2009 11:43 AM, Patrick Donnelly wrote:
We could fix this similar to how the cache was fixed. get_target (in
nse_nmaplib.cc) could first check for host.targetname, then host.name,
and finally host.ip. A similar change would need to be made in
nse_main.cc, where the targets are added. I have attached a patch for
this. I will apply it if no one reports any problems.

Hi Patrick,

This patch worked nicely for me. Thanks!

One other comment, though. The output simply says this:
--
Interesting ports on test.skullsecurity.org (208.81.2.52):
--

Even when I'm scanning, say, www.javaop.com (on the same ip). Is it possible to use the host.targetname somewhere in the output, if it exists?

Thanks

--