Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Zenmap Russian localization

From: David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com>
Date: Fri, 21 Aug 2009 09:20:54 -0600

On Wed, Aug 19, 2009 at 10:11:21AM +0400, Alexander Khodyrev wrote:
I proceeded to localize in my native language - Russian.
After adjusting .po files found discrepancies in the line of code to
translate (eg Non-root user message):
#: zenmapGUI/App.py:206
msgid "Non root user"
msgstr "Не root-пользователь"
This translate ignore by application. (This is not the only term)

As it turned out a discrepancy in the localization files, how to de
and pt_BR and others.
Where can I get the correct zenmap.pot to create the correct. Po file
in which the line will be transferred sootvetsvovat?

I sent an updated zenmap.pot to Alexander and he was kind enough to
produce an updated translation right away. Now Russian is the most
complete translation of Zenmap.

Alexander asks that Russian-speaking users try Zenmap and look for
errors in the translation. He set up a Google Code project for the
localization at http://code.google.com/p/ruzenmap/.

David Fifield