Nmap Development mailing list archives

RE: Bug Report

From: "Rob Nicholls" <robert () everythingeverything co uk>
Date: Sun, 26 Jul 2009 11:44:54 +0100

Hi Namenlos,

The minimum requirements aren't hardware requirements, in case that's what
you were thinking. Microsoft state [1] the following minimum software
requirements:

Supported Operating Systems: Windows 2000 Service Pack 4; Windows Server
2003; Windows Server 2008; Windows Vista; Windows XP
Required Software: Windows Installer 3.0 Windows Installer 3.1 or later is
recommended.

You can download Windows Installer 3.1 from here:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=889482FC-5F56-4A38-
B838-DE776FD4138C

Also, although probably very unlikely, if you have installed previous
pre-release versions of Visual C++ 2008 SP1 such as Beta 1 or Community
Technical Preview (CTP) builds, then you must uninstall these versions via
Add/Remove Programs in Control Panel before installing the final released
version.

Rob

[1]
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=a5c84275-3b97-4ab7-