Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Two NSE questions

From: Ron <ron () skullsecurity net>
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 2009 15:33:34 -0500

On 09/29/2009 03:24 PM, David Fifield wrote:
Ron, if you propose an interface for setting the source address I'll
look into writing the binding. Just show me a snippet of your code as it
would work with the new function, and any other cases you think need to
be handled.

David Fifield
Hi David,

I'm not particularly picky with how it should work, but the most logical (to me) would be to change the connect() function from this:

connect(hostid, port, protocol)

To this:

connect(hostid, port, protocol, lhostid, lport)

I'm not sure if setting the local address makes sense, but setting the local port in a connect call would be ideal. Another option would be:

local socket = nmap.new_socket()
set_local_port(socket, 67)
connect(host, 68, 'udp')

That's a little uglier, in my mind, but it is sufficiently usable.

Thanks for looking into this!

Ron