Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Add XML support to NSE

From: Patrick Donnelly <batrick () batbytes com>
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 2009 02:57:46 -0400

Hi Duarte,

On Mon, Sep 28, 2009 at 5:28 PM, Duarte Silva <duartejcsilva () gmail com> wrote:
Hi,

The following set of patches add XML support to NSE by using Expat. To
make the code review easier I have broken the changes in three
separated files.

nse-xml-libexpat.patch - Add all the Expat source/header library files
and the Visual Studio solution file
nse-xml-solchanges.patch - Changes to Visual Studio nmap.sln and
nmap.vcproj files
nse-xml-support.patch - Files that make the bridge between NSE and Expat

Generally we only add libraries when a script part of the trunk makes
use of that library. You will need to also give us a viable script
before we consider using this library addition.

Also, it appears this patch (#3) is a modified version of a Lua 4.0
Expat Binding [1]. I cannot find the updated version to Lua 5.1 (if
your patch is an updated version to 5.1). You must cite where you
found your code, what its license is, and whether you modified their
code (and why).

Also, why is this binding better than Kepler's Expat binding [2]?

[1] http://www.place.org/~nop/lua/
[2] http://www.keplerproject.org/luaexpat/

Thanks,

--
-Patrick Donnelly

"Let all men know thee, but no man know thee thoroughly: Men freely
ford that see the shallows."

- Benjamin Franklin