Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Problem with ZenMap in OSX

From: David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com>
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 2009 18:09:07 -0600

On Fri, Sep 25, 2009 at 01:25:45AM +0300, Panos Germanis wrote:
The window for user authentication goes away after a correct password,
and also goes away the program icon
This is a screenshot of my system.log. I hope to help

Thanks for the log. It looks like there is a problem creating the
~/.zenmap-etc directory where temporary configurations for GTK+ and
other things are stored. But it looks like the last lines of the error
message are cut off.

Could you send the log messages that come after

  File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.5/lib/python2.5/os.py", line 165 in makedirs
    makedirs(head, mode)

I have found that sometimes there is a delay before messages are added
to the system log, so the last lines are missing. You can try forcing
the crash twice, then scrolling up to look at the messages from the
first crash to see the whole message.

David Fifield