Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Traceroute failure from SVN 15553 on OSX 10.5.8

From: David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com>
Date: Sun, 27 Sep 2009 12:18:16 -0600

On Thu, Sep 24, 2009 at 10:14:49AM -0500, Chris Clements wrote:
My bad, need to keep up with our network a little better...  My local
machine is on a different VLAN (.86/24) scanning over to .0/24.  I
confirmed that I'm only going through our layer 3 switch, not our
firewall.

After applying David's patch, I still get a failure, albeit with a
different message:

Initiating Traceroute at 10:07
Completed Traceroute at 10:07, 9.13s elapsed
Failed to convert target address to presentation format!?!  Error:
Address family not supported by protocol family
QUITTING!

This bug was fixed by Henri Doreau today.
http://seclists.org/nmap-dev/2009/q3/1077.html. If you try a revision
after r15604 it should work for you. Let me know if it doesn't.

David Fifield