Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Last FreeBSD Ports Patch for a bit

From: Jay Fink <jay.fink () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 25 Sep 2009 08:50:50 -0400

Thanks Jay.  Does FreeBSD before 5.0 lack va_copy(), or is there some
other reason this is done?  Maybe what we should really do is test for
va_copy in configure (and leave it undefined on Windows) and then
change this section into a HAVE_VA_COPY define test.

Sweet catch.

Yes va_copy is in freebsd-current (and probably at least version 7,
I'll look into it some more tonite).

Your solution is better but now that I think of it I'm not sure it is worth it;
or this patch in particular; - I don't think being 2-3 revs
backward compatible for freebsd is an issue really.