Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: nmap: nsock_core.c:294: handle_connect_result: Assertion `0' failed.

From: "Fabio" <fabio.ped () libero it>
Date: Wed, 13 May 2009 09:33:01 +0200

On Mon, May 04, 2009 at 12:04:04PM +0200, Fabio wrote:
Has anyone seen traffic like that and
can provide an explanation?

I guess the ENOMSG is caused by the "protocol 6 unreachable" replies.
Can you try the attached patch and see if it fixes the problem?

The patch does not help.

Oh, I figured it out. errno 42 is not ENOMSG on SPARC. It is
ENOPROTOOPT. I was looking at my kernel headers for x86 but
include/asm-sparc/errno.h says:

/* These match the SunOS error numbering scheme. */

Can you try the same patch as before, this time using ENOPROTOOPT
instead of ENOMSG?

OK, ENOPROTOOPT works for both SPARC and x86, while ENOMSG works only
on x86.

Thanks,
Fabio Pedretti