Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: RFC on Ncrack, A new network authentication cracker

From: Joao Correa <joao () livewire com br>
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2009 22:37:09 -0300

I'm sure it is a great idea. I also suffer with the lack of options when
trying to brute-force something.
I probably can help with testing it on Mac OS X.

I think that the feature of resuming a brute force from a interrupted
session is very important, since sometimes it is impossible to run the full
test at once.

Also the feature of using data mining and machine learning would be great.
Many users have the same user/pass for different services (and, as
mentioned, sometimes different services use the same auth backend). This
could also provide a way of learning which of the passwords are the most
used and, before a good number of tests, these most used passwords could be
attempted first.

Ncrack could also share statistical information (with user's consent, of
course) for improving machine learn.

--

João B. Correa