Nmap Development mailing list archives

RE: RFC on Ncrack, A new network authentication cracker

From: Aaron Leininger <rilian4 () hotmail com>
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2009 13:48:28 -0700

What do you folks think?  Would you find such a tool useful?  What
sort of features and functions would you want?  Any key requirements
I've missed?

Would I find this useful...hell yes! I use nmap because I trust the source it comes from and it provides some extremely
useful services. A tool such as you describe coming from the nmap team would be home-run in my book.

Also, Ithilgore decides whether he's going to do this or something
else.  So if you want Ncrack to happen, now is your chance to say so!

I'd love it to happen. You have my vote!
-Aaron