Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Boolean Operators for --script (again)

From: Patrick Donnelly <batrick () batbytes com>
Date: Wed, 8 Apr 2009 14:24:10 -0600

On Tue, Apr 7, 2009 at 7:01 PM, Brandon Enright <bmenrigh () ucsd edu> wrote:

On Tue, 7 Apr 2009 18:57:06 -0600
Patrick Donnelly <batrick.donnelly () gmail com> wrote:

Hi Brandon,

On Tue, Apr 7, 2009 at 6:54 PM, Brandon Enright <bmenrigh () ucsd edu>
wrote:
Is it possible with this patch to specify something like
--script="all and not (telnet-brute, whois)"?

No it is not. Is this type of functionality strongly desired?

I'm not sure how widespread the desire is but I highly desire it.

Basically I want to run all the NSE scripts except for a handful of
scripts that I either don't think are useful or extremely slow.  My
current "solution" is to delete the scripts and then rebuild the
script.db file every time.  This is particularly frustrating because I
work out of SVN and I often forget, do a "svn update" and get all my
delete scripts back.

I've gone as far as to write a shellscript:

#!/bin/bash

rm 'scripts/snmp-brute.nse'
rm 'scripts/pop3-brute.nse'
rm 'scripts/sniffer-detect.nse'
rm 'scripts/ftp-brute.nse'
rm 'scripts/upnp-info.nse'
rm 'scripts/asn-query.nse'
rm 'scripts/whois.nse'
rm 'scripts/smb-pwdump.nse'
rm 'scripts/telnet-brute.nse'

That I run after every svn update and then rebuild the script DB.

I'd much rather be able to do the "all and not (list)" or similar
syntax.

So the consensus seems to be that we would also like:

script-name(.nse)
prefix-*(.nse)
*-suffix(.nse)

to be used in place of categories. Are there any other requests?

--
-Patrick Donnelly

"One of the lessons of history is that nothing is often a good thing
to do and always a clever thing to say."

-Will Durant