Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: bug with OS X

From: Ron <ron () skullsecurity net>
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2009 12:14:39 -0500

Brandon Enright wrote:
For the --script= part, I was just reading the new release notes and
was trying that feature for the first time.
I was particularly interested in the new scripts and was just trying
it out.
Nmap 4.85BETA4 [2009-3-15]

o Added two new SMB/MSRPC NSE scripts by Ron Bowes:
   smb-brute.nse: Bruteforce to discover SMB accounts. Has advanced
     features, such as lockout detection, username validation,
username enumeration, and optimized case detection.
   smb-pwdump.nse: Uses executables from the Pwdump6 project to dump
     password hashes from a remote machine (and optionally crack them
     with Rainbow Crack). Pwdump6 files have to be downloaded
     separately

Lee

Yeah, these scripts are great.  You want to do
'--script=smb-brute.nse,smb-pwdump.nes' to have them run.  You'll need
to scan ports 139 and 445 and have at least one open to get the scripts
to run.

Note that smb-pwdump.nse depends of DLLs that are part of Pwdump6 and
that you'll have to drop them into your directory.  The script will
warn you with something like:

|  smb-pwdump:
|  Couldn't run smb-pwdump.nse, missing required file(s):
|  - nselib/data/lsremora.dll
|  - nselib/data/servpw.exe
|  These are included in pwdump6 version 1.7.2:
|_ <http://foofus.net/fizzgig/pwdump/downloads.htm>

Brandon

Lee,

Once you get those working, let me know how it goes. I'm curious about
any feedback, whether it's output formatting, extra information you
want, or just plain telling me how awesome I am ;)

Also, none of my scripts require root, since it's all standard Windows
traffic.

Ron

--
Ron Bowes