Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: New SoC Ideas Page Posted

From: Professor 0110 <professor0110 () gmail com>
Date: Sun, 15 Mar 2009 20:13:26 +1000

I love the fact that Nmap will integrate a Hping-like utility. At last, I
will be able to use Nmap as a Network Stress Testing and DoS tool. :)

On Sun, Mar 15, 2009 at 4:20 PM, Fyodor <fyodor () insecure org> wrote:

Hi All.  Thanks for your suggestions!  I included many of them in a
new 2009 ideas page I just posted:

http://nmap.org/soc/

I also completed the formal SoC application process.  Google says they
will post their decisions of accepted organizations at Noon PDT on
Wednesday (18th).  Hopefully we are approved four our fifth SoC!  The
list of approved organizations will be posted here:

http://socghop.appspot.com/

If you have any more project ideas, please post them!  It isn't too
late for me to add stuff to the page.  In particular, we could use
some brainstorming about desired NSE scripts.  If we had enough script
ideas (and Google gave us enough slots), we might even sponsor two or
more people to do scripts full time this summer.  Imagine how many
capabilities we could add!

Cheers,
-F