Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Possible Incomplete Results

From: "Michael Pattrick" <mpattrick () rhinovirus org>
Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2009 15:26:51 -0500

On Sat, Jan 10, 2009 at 12:44 PM, Cory K. Walker <lists () walkertc com> wrote:
Is there any way to force nmap to list out each closed, filtered, and open
port?  I have the following results -  there are a large number of closed
and filtered ports (please pardon the XML formatting):

Yes, append the flag '-d2' to your command line parameters, so your
nmap command may look like this:
nmap -oX test.xml -d2 10.0.0.1

This will list the closed/filtered state for every port.

On an unrelated note, is it just me or is there a redundant 'count'
attribute in the following XML? Unless is serves some other purpose
one of them should probably be snipped.
<extraports state="closed" count="773">
<extrareasons reason="resets" count="773"/>

--
Michael Pattrick
http://www.rhinovirus.org/math