Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: 4.85Beta - Save To Directory Appears to Hang

From: David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com>
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2009 12:10:50 -0700

On Mon, Jan 26, 2009 at 03:05:13PM -0800, GrnMtnTX wrote:
When saving a scan output to a directory in which the directory does not
already exist (like desktop\beta485test), the hour-glass remains on screen
as if the program is still creating the directory, but when the user clicks
the Save button it immediately completes and the data is saved.

I can't reproduce this with 4.85BETA3 on Windows. I assumed you are
running on Windows because of the file name you gave. Here's what I did:
        "Quick scan" twice.
        Save to Directory.
        Click Desktop.
        Create Folder.
        Type "abc".
        Select the new folder.
        Save.
The folder abc is created on the desktop with two XML files in it, as
expected.

I also tried doing it without using the "Create Folder" button.
        "Quick scan" twice.
        Save to Directory.
        Click Desktop.
        Type "def\" in the Location entry.
        Save.
But that shows an error dialog: "Can't save file. [Error 3] The system
cannot find the path specified: u'C:\\Documents and
Settings\\david\\Desktop\\def\\*.*'".

Can you be more specific about the steps you took to get the apparent
hang?

David Fifield