Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: problem with Zenmap

From: David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com>
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2009 10:48:34 -0700

On Sun, Jan 11, 2009 at 08:26:06PM -0500, dancer581 () sbcglobal net wrote:
I'm using Ubuntu: Linux asus 2.6.28-4-generic #9-Ubuntu SMP Tue Jan 6
19:34:01 UTC 2009 i686 GNU/Linux
Zenmap 4.68
Nmap 4.68

I have this in scan_profile.usp

[Fast Scan]
description =
hint =
options = Ping scanning
command = nmap -sP -iL /root/.zenmap/target_list.txt %s
annotation =

When I execute it this way I get: "An unexpected error occurred!"
If I take away the %s from command then when I try to change the profile
to Fast Scan it does not change the command line

Thanks for this report. I can't reproduce this with the latest Zenmap,
4.85BETA3. Between 4.68 and now the way Zenmap handles Nmap options was
overhauled. Among other things Zenmap no longer needs the %s hint to
know where to put target specifications.

Please try the newer Zenmap and see if that works. The particular error
string you saw, "An unexpected error occurred!" is no longer even in the
source code, so at the very least you'll get a different error message.
But I think it will work.

David Fifield