Nmap Development mailing list archives

Ncat Users' Guide RFC

From: David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com>
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2009 16:48:50 -0700

Hello everyone,

I have finished a first draft of the Ncat Users' Guide, which aims to be
complete documentation for Ncat.

http://nmap.org/ncat/guide/index.html

What do you think? Here are specific questions I'd like you to answer,
if you will. You don't have to answer all of them.

Do you prefer the documentation to start with an example, or with a
high-level survey of options?

Are options given coverage proportional to their importance? Any that
should have more or less description?

Is the ordering of sections logical? How would you reorder them?

Are there any inaccuracies or typos? Any examples that need more
explanation?

Which section would you remove if you had to remove one?

Are there any obvious uses of Ncat that aren't covered?

David Fifield