Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Croatian translation of zenmap

From: David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com>
Date: Sun, 8 Feb 2009 17:27:45 -0700

On Mon, Feb 09, 2009 at 01:17:44AM +0100, Vlatko Kosturjak wrote:
David Fifield wrote:
On Sun, Feb 08, 2009 at 05:44:18PM +0100, Vlatko Kosturjak wrote:
Thanks! I committed it.
http://www.bamsoftware.com/wiki/uploads/Nmap/zenmap-hr.png

Nice. I already got some feedbacks from friends, so I'm sending diff
against the translation on SVN.

BTW There is still some hardcoded/non-translatable strings if you take a
look at the screenshot you sent. There is "Status: up" where I cannot
translate "up". Probably because it's taken directly from nmap output...

Yes, I noticed some of those too. They will require code changes. In the
topology tab controls, the strings "address", "hostname", "icon", etc.
are untranslated because they're used as both user interface strings and
as keys to an internal dictionary. We need to separate uses like that.
Another big task will be internationalizing the profile editor. It
currently gets all its help strings from the file profile_editor.xml so
they are not seen by the usual gettext mechanisms.

If anyone wonders how to update the translation files from a patch like
this, this is all it takes:
        cd nmap/zenmap/share/zenmap/locale
        patch -p0 < hr.diff
        make hr/LC_MESSAGES/zenmap.mo