Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Does Zenmap localization "just work" on Windows?

From: David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com>
Date: Sun, 1 Feb 2009 16:38:51 -0700

On Sat, Jan 31, 2009 at 05:58:46PM +0100, Dirk Loss wrote:
David Fifield wrote:
The 4.85BETA1 release comes with localization support. Can someone with
a German or Portuguese edition of Windows try it and say if Zenmap is
translated without setting LANG like is described at
http://nmap.org/book/zenmap-lang.html?

Nmap 4.85BETA2 on my German Windows XP SP2 virtual machine still shows
all texts in English per default.

(Setting LANG=de_DE changes the output to German, as described on the
web page.)

Thanks, that's exactly the information I was looking for. I'll see if
there's a way to make Python gettext aware of the native Windows locale
setting.

David Fifield