Nmap Development mailing list archives

SCTP howto?

From: David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com>
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2009 14:55:20 -0700

On Wed, Jan 21, 2009 at 10:33:30PM +0100, Daniel Roethlisberger wrote:
I'm happy to announce that I checked in an initial version of
SCTP support into a newly created feature branch of Nmap living
at [1].  Right now, the branch is mostly equivalent to my latest
patchset from January 4th.

I'm excited to try this out. Could you give or point to a howto for
setting up an SCTP service? Like what kind of kernel configuration is
required, and some trivial echo server or the like. The most fun I've
been able to have so far is

./nmap -sY localhost
All 36 scanned ports on localhost (127.0.0.1) are closed

I think your patch implementing this will be helpful aside from enabling
SCTP: it shows what are the common chunks of code that define each scan
type. scan_engine.cc is, as you know, humongous and hard to work in. I'd
like eventually to keep just the common code there and break everything
scan-specific into separate files.

David Fifield