Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Nping development

From: David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com>
Date: Sun, 28 Dec 2008 13:15:13 -0700

On Tue, Dec 16, 2008 at 06:55:54PM +0100, Henri Doreau wrote:
A friend of mine (Kantor) and I (Henri) were interested in coding
nping. We would like to
know if some coders have ever started to work on it and, where to find
the code if available. If not how could we start? I mean is there a
prefered way to start
such a thing.

Hi guys, thanks for your interest. As far as I know, nobody has started
working on an Nping. There's a list of requirements at
http://nmap.org/SoC/Ncat.html.

A good place to start would be to summarize the work you've already
done. Is there a link for APing? Then a good start would be to post a
list of features you intend to support and what the command line options
for them would be.

David Fifield