Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Updated SMB scripts

From: Ron <ron () skullsecurity net>
Date: Wed, 24 Dec 2008 14:59:02 -0600

Hi Kris,

Kris Katterjohn wrote:
On 12/23/2008 07:24 PM, Ron wrote:

Your original scripts used to work quite well for me against Samba (I think
you'll find some of my output in the -dev archives), but now all I'm getting
is this running from trunk:

Host script results:
|_ smb-os-discovery: ERROR: SMB: ERROR: Ran off the end of SMB packet; likely
due to server truncation [13]
|_ smb-enum-processes: ERROR: SMB: ERROR: Ran off the end of SMB packet;
likely due to server truncation [13]
|_ smb-system-info: ERROR: SMB: ERROR: Ran off the end of SMB packet; likely
due to server truncation [13]
|_ smb-enum-domains: ERROR: SMB: ERROR: Ran off the end of SMB packet; likely
due to server truncation [13]
|_ smb-server-stats: ERROR: SMB: ERROR: Ran off the end of SMB packet; likely
due to server truncation [13]
|_ smb-security-mode: ERROR: SMB: ERROR: Ran off the end of SMB packet; likely
due to server truncation [13]
|  smb-enum-users:
|  ERROR: Couldn't enumerate through LSA: SMB: ERROR: Ran off the end of SMB
packet; likely due to server truncation [13]
|_ ERROR: Couldn't enumerate through SAMR: SMB: ERROR: Ran off the end of SMB
packet; likely due to server truncation [13]
|  smb-enum-sessions:
|  ERROR: Couldn't enumerate login sessions: SMB: ERROR: Ran off the end of
SMB packet; likely due to server truncation [13]
|_ ERROR: Couldn't enumerate network sessions: SMB: ERROR: Ran off the end of
SMB packet; likely due to server truncation [13]
|_ smb-enum-shares: ERROR: SMB: ERROR: Ran off the end of SMB packet; likely
due to server truncation [13]
|_ smb-check-vulns: MS08-067: ERROR: SMB: ERROR: Ran off the end of SMB
packet; likely due to server truncation [13]

Thanks,
Kris Katterjohn

The old version of this code was a lot more tolerant to servers doing
funky things. In this version, I'm checking for things like running off
the end of packets (the previous version would just ignore it).

That being said, it's easy enough to ignore it in specific places. I
committed a change to do so, let me know if it works.

Ron

--
Ron Bowes
http://www.skullsecurity.org/