Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Updated SMB scripts

From: Kris Katterjohn <katterjohn () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 24 Dec 2008 14:50:45 -0600

On 12/23/2008 07:24 PM, Ron wrote:
Hi all,

Hey Ron,

Looking forward to hearing your results!

Your original scripts used to work quite well for me against Samba (I think
you'll find some of my output in the -dev archives), but now all I'm getting
is this running from trunk:

Host script results:
|_ smb-os-discovery: ERROR: SMB: ERROR: Ran off the end of SMB packet; likely
due to server truncation [13]
|_ smb-enum-processes: ERROR: SMB: ERROR: Ran off the end of SMB packet;
likely due to server truncation [13]
|_ smb-system-info: ERROR: SMB: ERROR: Ran off the end of SMB packet; likely
due to server truncation [13]
|_ smb-enum-domains: ERROR: SMB: ERROR: Ran off the end of SMB packet; likely
due to server truncation [13]
|_ smb-server-stats: ERROR: SMB: ERROR: Ran off the end of SMB packet; likely
due to server truncation [13]
|_ smb-security-mode: ERROR: SMB: ERROR: Ran off the end of SMB packet; likely
due to server truncation [13]
|  smb-enum-users:
|  ERROR: Couldn't enumerate through LSA: SMB: ERROR: Ran off the end of SMB
packet; likely due to server truncation [13]
|_ ERROR: Couldn't enumerate through SAMR: SMB: ERROR: Ran off the end of SMB
packet; likely due to server truncation [13]
|  smb-enum-sessions:
|  ERROR: Couldn't enumerate login sessions: SMB: ERROR: Ran off the end of
SMB packet; likely due to server truncation [13]
|_ ERROR: Couldn't enumerate network sessions: SMB: ERROR: Ran off the end of
SMB packet; likely due to server truncation [13]
|_ smb-enum-shares: ERROR: SMB: ERROR: Ran off the end of SMB packet; likely
due to server truncation [13]
|_ smb-check-vulns: MS08-067: ERROR: SMB: ERROR: Ran off the end of SMB
packet; likely due to server truncation [13]

Ron

Thanks,
Kris Katterjohn